Here are the set of detailed instructions to get CM9 (ICS) Alpha 0.6 release installed onto your HP TouchPad - courtesy of my brother Rohit.
Download the following 6 items:
3. Moboot 0.3.5 (Mobile Open Bootloader for HP TP): http://code.google.com/p/
alpha0.6-fullofbugs (Alpha0.6 CM9 for Touchpad): Mirror1: http://goo.gl/wL2NQ ; Mirror2: http://goo.gl/VZofl
5. gapps-ics-20111230 (Google Apps for CM9): http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip
6. To run "ACMEInstaller2" from your PC, you need Novacom drivers installed. If you do not have them, please download from here:
Universal Novacom Installer - supports Windows (32bit and 64bit), Mac OS, and Ubuntu (32bit and 64bit)
Once the appropriate version of this file is installed on your computer, a folder named "Palm, Inc" should be created under C:\Program Files folder.
1. Copy "ACMEInstaller2" in this folder.
2. Connect the HP Touchpad to the computer via USB. Once connected, tap the alert to enable Mass Storage Mode on the HP Touchpad.
3. Copy the ClockworkMod Recovery & Moboot zips into a folder in the media directory of the HP Touchpad called "cminstall" and Restart the HP Touchpad.
4. Once the screen goes black, hold down the Volume Up button until an USB symbol appears on the screen. Once the computer recognizes the HP Touchpad, open terminal and naviagte to: C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc ( the directory Novacom is in) .
5. In the terminal on the computer, run the following command:
novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller2
The ClockworkMod Recovery & MOBoot should now be installed on the HP Touchpad.
To Install Google Market & Apps on CM9:
1. Reboot the HP Touchpad, and boot using Moboot by choosing "ClockworkMod"
2. Choose "install zip from sdcard", then choose "choose zip from sdcard"
3. Find and select the "gapps-ics-20111230.zip" file you placed on the Touchpad;
4. Google Market & apps will install;
5. Reboot into CM9 - viola! you are all set.